Friday 9 November 2012

Where we are at now

Okay so some insulation up in the roof.... next job was to get the stud walls up. We decided to go with the metal studs instead of 4 by 2s and we were glad we did! The ease of putting these things up is incredible not to mention about half the price of wood! So by now the house is really taking shape!
After getting my head around the french electrical regulations the job was really easy! In my opinion its better than the UK ring mains.
In between these jobs we have been clearing some of our land and deciding where we want to put different things, that we will be talking about in the future such as veg plots, chicken coops, geodesic dome greenhouses and my new experimental love Aquaponics! I am not a doomsday prepper or anything like that i just have a real passion for growing my own food and my wife enjoys eating it!
So where are we at right now well we are in the process of working on one room in the house to get it insulated and plasterboarded (drywall) up before the winter really sets in. As at the moment we have our caravan in the barn and sharing it with our 9 month old puppy Nelly.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I've just been reading your blog and wanted to wish you both all the best.
    We love it here in France having been here now for 18 Months and no regrets.

    ReplyDelete